Jeremy Neilson, CEO and Co-Founder of Assure in this episode explains how SPVs work and what they are, how founders can use them to make their rounds easier and what are the expected costs of creating an SPV and syndicating your own round.
Assure's site: https://hubs.li/Q015d7j-0
Jeremy's LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jeremyneilson/
Assure's bootcamp: https://boomstartup.com/
Assure's Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_4LhtX361MEw5l6nenLkWQ
Some topics covered in this episode:
- you've been the co-CEO of Assure for over 10 years until 2020, why did you decide to co-CEO a company and how did that play out?
- Assure is best known for serving investors, but your head of partnership reached out to me to talk about founder-led SPV, how do those work?
- why does such an SPV makes sense and what are the major benefits of it? Any downsides? Pricing?
- does it work post-friends and family?
- a lot of founders who have sold their previous companies frequently start investing in companies that align with the goals of their newly created startups, how would you recommend those founders structure such investments?
P.S. Fundraising Radio is a non-profit organization, this episode is not sponsored by Assure. We are running ads for this particular episode as a part of the testing campaign to discover their effectiveness of increasing the number of active listeners of FR and that campaign is indeed sponsored by Assure.