Sid Viswanathan Co-Founder & President at Truepill talks about raising a Series D and how it is different from earlier rounds. We've also touched onto the story of how prior to Truepill, Sid founded CardMunch, a business-card scanning app that was acquired by LinkedIn soon after its founding.
Sid's LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sidviswanathan
Truepill's site: www.truepill.com
And of course, link to our course on fundraising at 70% discount (only until the 15th of January): https://bit.ly/StartupFundingCourse
Questions covered in this episode:
- you've spent 4 years at linkedin, when was the moment when did you decide to start the second company and how did you bump into the idea?
- how did you meet your co-founder?
- you recently raised a round D of 142 million dollars, how did you get there?
- at round D, what's the major problem for a company?
- looking back at your post-YC seed round, what do you think was your major mistake while raising it?
- how much of Truepill's success is due to the fact that it got into YC a year after it was started?
- you've recently expanded into diagnostics, did you raise any money to fund the expansion specifically?